Why am I running?
As a Calgarian and resident of Varsity I want to ensure the future of Alberta is strong. My wife and I have three daughters and parents who are getting older.
I am concerned about:
- the economy and creating good jobs
- education and preparing our children for future jobs in tomorrow's economy
- health care and sustainably providing service, particularly for our aging population
- the legacy of our debt
We need to address these issues now.
I am running for my family and the students, parents, teachers, health care professionals, seniors and all the working families in Calgary-Varsity who believe that we need to make a change and get Alberta back on the right track.
Why should I be your MLA for Calgary-Varsity?
- I am connected to Calgary-Varsity. I live here. I work here. Our children go to schools here. I am active in our community. I am able to make connections to a wide-range of Calgary-Varsity constituents. I believe that being a local candidate matters.
- With over 20 years of business experience and political involvement, I have the background to be a strong representative for Calgary-Varsity.
- I have a background in policy and developing new and innovative solutions with broad support. The issues we are facing as a province are challenging. As Co-Chair of the UCP Policy Committee, I led a grass roots process to identify solutions. As your candidate and elected MLA, I can work with Calgary-Varsity constituents to identify and build consensus around innovative solutions to solve the challenges we are facing.