Jason lives in Varsity with his wife Marian and three daughters. He works in the constituency and is active in the community.
With over 20 years of experience in the business sector, Jason works as a business consultant, mediator/arbitrator, university instructor and previously as a senior transportation executive. Jason also has significant political and volunteer board experience in leadership roles with a focus on policy and governance.
Jason currently works as management consultant and a labour mediator and arbitrator. He also teaches Business Negotiations, Human Resource Management, Labour Relations and Labour & Employment law for the business schools at the University of Calgary and the University of Lethbridge.
Jason worked for nearly twenty years in the transportation industry in progressively senior roles in Human Resources & Labour Relations, Marketing & Sales and Corporate Affairs, including Government Relations. Prior to that, Jason worked in Ottawa for the Hon. Harvie Andre, MP for Calgary Centre and Government House Leader. Jason has a Master’s Degree in Industrial Relations from Queen’s University and is completing a Master’s Degree in Law from Osgoode Hall, York University. Jason is a member of the Alternative Dispute Resolution Institute of Alberta.
Community & Political Service
Jason has been politically active and in leadership positions both at the provincial and federal level. In addition, he has been involved in supporting local schools and his profession. Recent involvement includes the following:
- Co-Chair, UCP Policy Committee (2017-2018)
- Member, UCP Calgary-Varsity Board (2017-2018)
- Vice President, Policy, Progressive Conservative Association of Alberta (2015-2017)
- President, Calgary Confederation Conservative Association (Federal) (since 2016)
- Member, Alberta Labour Relations Board (since 2016)
- Co-Chair, Canadian Industrial Relations Association, S. AB Chapter (2016-2018)
- Member, VP Policy, President, PC Calgary-Varsity Board (2013-2017)
- Co-Chair, Parent Council, Varsity Acres School (2010-2014)